Slightly hard for me to write this post because my photo is making me hungry. (Minor detail: I've already eaten 2 pieces.)
- 8 brown rice lasagna noodles (I prefer Tinkyada http://www.tinkyada.com/ProList.htm)
- 2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce (http://organicvillefoods.com/featured/tomato-basil-organic-pasta-sauce/)
- 1/2 eggplant, sliced the short way
- 2 cups mozzarella cheeze (http://www.daiyafoods.com/products/mozza.asp)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- olive oil to coat the pan
*tip alert* The following product was one of Oprah's favorite things last year. I saw it and immediately fell in love. Truly life changing. Please take a look and see for yourself how EASY lasagna making can be...
http://www.bakersedge.com/hungry.html Is that not the coolest? Sometimes I make lasagna just because I want an excuse to use my awesome pan. Fact.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil lasagna noodles in water for 5 minutes. Drain and let sit on a plate.
- Now is when you unleash your inner creativity! There is no right order to add your ingredients. In your non-stick pan, you may add a layer of pasta, a layer of spinach, then eggplant, sprinkle some cheeze, tomato basil sauce, another layer of pasta, some more cheeze, more sauce, and so forth until you run out of ingredients. Topping with eggplant makes for a nice earthy vegetable touch.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for 35-40 minutes until the cheeze is melted, the noodles are cooked, and your kitchen smells like gluten free vegan heaven.
- Let sit uncovered under broiler for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Allow the lasagna to cool for 5 minutes, then eat up kids.