- 2 slices your favorite gluten free bread. (Millet bread is extraordinary http://www.foodforlife.com/product-catalog/gluten-free-wheat-free-breads/gluten-free/wheat-free-and-gluten-free-millet-bread)
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter. (You can find at Trader Joe's.)
- option 1: 2 tablespoons your preferred jelly/jam. (I add this blackberry spread to my cart at Whole Foods every time http://www.stdalfour.com.au/products.htm)
- option 2 / make your own blackberry spread: 10 washed blackberries
make your own blackberry spread:
- Place blackberries in a food processor for 10 seconds until they look like jelly! It's that simple. I know, right??
- If you like your bread toasted, please do so.
- Distribute almond butter evenly on one slice of gluten free bread
- Do the same with your homemade spread or preferred jelly/jam on the other slice.
- Flip the almond butter slice over onto the jelly slice, and complete your irresistible sandwich. Wrap it in tinfoil, and head out the door for your busy day. Your colleagues and friends will 100% ask you what you are eating, if it's good, and for a bite. Will you share your healthy lunch with them?
Side note: There was a year (or two or three) of my life when I ate an almond butter and blackberry sandwich every single day. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION :)