- 2 cups gluten free spiral pasta. I usually go for the Trader Joe’s version made with brown rice flour.
- 1 cup washed cut organic broccoli florets
- 1 cup washed cut organic cauliflower florets
- dairy free pesto sauce:
- 3 cups washed fresh organic basil
- 3 whole washed organic Roma tomatoes
- 2/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). TIP ALERT: EVOO from Greece and Spain have the most fabulous yet subtly delicious flavors. I prefer and highly recommend EVOO from either origin.
- 1 cup organic pine nuts
- 5 cloves organic garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- bring pot of water to a boil over the stove
- pour in pasta, broccoli, and cauliflower, and turn heat down to a simmer for 6-7 minutes stirring occasionally until cooked and heated throughout. TIP ALERT: if you are familiar with GF pasta, you are aware it can easily be overcooked.
- in a blender or food processor, combine pesto sauce ingredients
- pour the cooked pasta in a colander and drain accordingly.
- in a large bowl, combine pasta/broccoli/cauliflower with the pesto sauce and sift until evenly distributed.
- serve immediately.
- add vegan Daiya cheeze upon request.
Having friends over and want them to eat gluten free vegan? Cooking for the kids? This is a tasty and quick bite that everyone will love. I dare you to serve it to your guests without letting them in on the fact that it’s gluten free. Once they wipe their plates clean, tell them and relish in your success! Turning the world on to our GF lifestyle, one meal at a time…