Are your health buds salivating yet? Mine are while I write this post and savor my last bite of my fresh baked banana nut bread.
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1 cup GF dairy free soy free butter (Dear “Soy Balance” — I don’t know what vegan baking would ever be without you.)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup organic raw almonds (Trader Joe’s = your go to nut destination)
- 1 cup organic raw walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2-3 dashes of cinnamon spice
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a large bowl, mix the flours and oats, along with cinnamon
- in a blender, mix almonds, walnuts, butter, almond milk, and vanilla bean just until blended, and stopping before it becomes a smoothie texture.
- add in the bananas and syrup for a few seconds so the bananas are chunky and mushed
- mix the dry and wet ingredients thoroughly
- pour batter evenly into two 9x5 inch greased loaf pans
- Bake for 70 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy. TIP: store any leftovers in tight aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. The refrigerator will extend shelf life.
Want some more? Yes, please!!!
helpful links / the products I use: