One of the recipes I've been wanting to share is below. It's really incredible, super easy, and a must-try. Let me know if you throw it together. I'm munching on these delectable nuts as I write this post.
(makes 10-12 servings)
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted pecans
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup unsalted macadamia nuts (**NOTE: I get all these nuts at Trader Joe's.)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (Thank goodness for Enjoy Life Foods.)
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I used the convection-roast setting.)
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate and sea salt in a baking pan. Toss and coat so everything is evenly distributed.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and stir. Then bake for an additional 10-15 more minutes. Watch closely at the end to avoid burning!
- Once removed from oven, mix in the chocolate chips. They will melt because the nuts are warm. Sprinkle with sea salt, and allow to sit until cooled. Your kitchen will smell like heaven, and the nuts will taste the same. So good and so simple. Just perfect :D