(Makes 1 Italian Tostada, which can serve 1-2 people)
- 1 brown rice tortilla
- 1 cup organic baby spinach (washed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh pesto. (I used Basil-Tops Dairy Free Pesto Perfectto from Whole Foods. You can also make your own using the recipe found on my Zucchini Spaskinny page by clicking here.)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried or roasted tomatoes with herbs and olive oil. (Again, I used brushetta and roasted tomatoes found from the tomato bar at Whole Foods. You can use store bought organic sun dried tomatoes, or you can make your own using my recipe here.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tortilla on a cookie sheet. Place spinach leaves around the center, leaving about 1/2 inch for "crust." On top of the spinach, spread your pesto and tomatoes. I drizzled a bit more olive oil from the tomatoes on top of everything.
- Bake in oven for 7 minutes. Turn broiler on for last minute to make the top crispy.
- When you take it out, the crust will be crunchy, but the center will be the perfect almost thin doughy texture. You can delicately cut the Italian Tostada into pizza slices, or you can just kind of fold it over on to itself, New York Pizza style. I personally prefer tearing off pieces and then folding those smaller pieces onto themselves, like mini quesadillas lol. This is your food, so eat it your way :)